FILL ‘ER UP: Multi-Trip PATH Train Fare Increases Take Effect on November 1st
Have a SmartLink Card? The smart thing to do is to top it up before Friday…
According to Port Authority of NY/NJ, the PATH’s base fare will remain at its current $2.75 for a single trip but the discount for multi-trips will be reduced. The per-ride price for multi-trip purchases (10-trip, 20-trip or 40-trip options) will be adjusted to $2.50 on November 1, 2019:
- 10-trip SmartLink will cost $25
- 20-trip SmartLink will cost $50
- 40-trip SmartLink will cost $100
- SmartLink 1-Day Unlimited will cost $10
- SmartLink 7-Day Unlimited will cost $34.50
- SmartLink 30-Day Unlimited will cost $106
- Senior SmartLink Fare will cost $1.25 (available to riders age 65 and older. The PATH Senior Fare is only available with the PATH Senior SmartLink Card. To apply for a Senior SmartLink Card, visit SmartLinkCard.com.)
Furthermore, on November 1, 2020, the per-ride price for multi-trip purchases (10-trip, 20-trip or 40-trip options) will be adjusted to $2.60.
These changes are part of a grand toll increase plan that will include bridges and tunnels.
“In September 2019, amid record-setting use of its facilities and with major redevelopment projects underway across the region, the Port Authority Board of Commissioners approved the first inflation-based adjustments to the agency’s tolls, fares and fees since 2015,” says Port Authority. “This decision is in line with the inflation-adjusted schedule mandated by the Board in 2008 and reaffirmed in 2011.”
Not to be left out, NJTransit/Amtrak have raised the fare for AirTrain service at Newark Airport, effective November 1 as well.
Obviously, these increases will translate into dramatically and tangibly improved service in all aspects of the Port Authority experience…