(ABOVE: “Washington Street at Night,” by Ricardo Roig)
As you nurse your flesh wounds from Black Friday brawls, you may not want to stray too far from home. Thankfully, that’s the idea today.
Small Business Saturday encourages holiday shoppers to patronize brick and mortar businesses that are small and local. By supporting the businesses that in turn support our community day in/day out all year long, your dollar stays here in town—where it is typically reinvested back into the Hoboken economy.
Feel free to shop Hoboken to your heart’s content—it’s amazing how many great retailers and services you can jam into a square mile.
- Roig Gallery is offering a 10% discount on all framed works to celebrate Small Business Saturday and show our appreciation for shopping local. They will be open from 11 am-4pm.
- Patricia’s Yarns (107 4th Street) is doing a free gift with purchase for Small Business Saturday.
- Urban Jungle Play (1140 Maxwell Lane) is a new children’s activity center that is a single-location, female-owned, start-up. Small Business Saturday they will honor an additional $15 off discounted play/drop-off packages.
- Mindful Midwifery coming to Hoboken Jan 2016. Supported Birth. Natural Hospital Birth. Free Prenatal Class Sunday, January 31st 4-6pm with our midwife. Space is limited. Call (201) 691-8664 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to register.
- Anthology is the place to find the perfect outfit for every occasion. Located in the heart of Hoboken at 704 Washington Street, this boutique has the most unique pieces. Stop by for terrific deals.
- With three separate locations here in Hoboken, Local Barre offers a variety of fitness package deals—now through Nov. 30th.
- Revival Vintage (47 Harrison Street) is offering tasty treats, fizzy drinks and pampering while you shop and enjoy new Fall and Winter arrivals—everything will be on sale.
- Surya Hot Yoga (618 Washington Street) has hot deals on their hot yoga packages—now through Monday.
- Meanwhile, up in nearby Jersey City Heights, Hoboken favorite Dark Side of the Moo will kick off the GRAND OPENING of it’s first brick and mortar restaurant at 52 Bowers Street. Heartfelt congrats to our good friends on their new venture!!!
That’s just a small sample of what’s going on out there today. So get out—EAT LOCAL, DRINK LOCAL, SHOP LOCAL, BE LOCAL. Enjoy Hoboken this Small Business Saturday. Frankly, it’s been a rough week around here—we need to remind ourselves how good it can be.