Smoking Hazard: Cigarette Sparks Blaze on Washington Street
***This is a breaking news story—more details to follow***
A poorly discarded cigarette caused quite a commotion on the 100 block of Washington Street Sunday afternoon, as the Hoboken Fire Department were called to the scene to address a small fire on the second floor, directly above a popular bodega.
“It looks worse than it was,” said a fireman on the scene. “We were able to get it with the water cannon.”
No injuries were reported, although the building sustained some visible damage.
(Jack Silbert Photo)